Friday, June 3, 2011

BRICK - A STORY

About ten years ago, a young
and very successful executive
named Josh was traveling
down a Chicago neighborhood
street. He was going a bit too
fast in his sleek, black, 12
cylinder Jaguar XKE, which was
only two months old.
He was watching for kids
darting out from between
parked cars and slowed down
when he thought he saw
something. As his car passed,
no child darted out, but a brick
sailed out and - WHUMP! - it
smashed Into the Jag's shiny
black side door! SCREECH..!!!!
Brakes slammed! Gears ground
into reverse, and tires madly
spun the Jaguar back to the
spot from where the brick had
been thrown. Josh jumped out
of the car, grabbed the kid and
pushed him up against a
parked car. He shouted at the
kid, "What was that all about
and who are you? Just what the
heck are you doing?!" Building
up a head of steam, he went
on. "That's my new Jag, that
brick you threw is gonna cost
you a lot of money. Why did
you throw it?"






"Please, mister, please. . . I'm
sorry! I didn't know what else
to do!" Pleaded the youngster.
"I threw the brick because no
one else would stop!" Tears
were dripping down the boy's
chin as he pointed around the
parked car. "It's my brother,
mister," he said. "He rolled off
the curb and fell out of his
wheelchair and I can't lift him
up." Sobbing, the boy asked the
executive, "Would you please
help me get him back into his
wheelchair? He's hurt and he's
too heavy for me."
Moved beyond words, the
young executive tried
desperately to swallow the
rapidly swelling lump in his
throat. Straining, he lifted the
young man back into the
wheelchair and took out his
handkerchief and wiped the
scrapes and cuts, checking to
see that everything was going
to be OK. He then watched the
younger brother push him
down the sidewalk toward
their home.
It was a long walk back to the
sleek, black, shining, 12 cylinder
Jaguar XKE -a long and slow
walk. Josh never did fix the side
door of his Jaguar. He kept the
dent to remind him not to go
through life so fast that
someone has to throw a brick
at him to get his attention. . .
Some bricks are softer than
others. Feel for the bricks of life
coming at to you. For all the
negative things we have to say
to ourselves, God has positive
answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A simple, young guy with dreams to hit up the sky and with the faith and belief that one day I will achieve what I dream. I always live my Dreams and wear my passion.